Friday, May 29, 2009

A birthday serenade for my daddy


Daddy,
Your loving concern and caring
flowing endlessly like a fountain of love
quenches my thirsty soul

your deep faith and commitment
overflowing my empty heart
like the morning air I rejoice to breathe

your every step is my living inspiration
your every thought and wish
lead me to the wonder of life wisdom

I cherished every moment you walked by my side
In the journey of life, not always shone with joy and delight
yet you keep telling me to hold Him tight

when the life did not grant me
all the things I need
you convinced me it’s worth to be patient

It was you
when I recognized myself
pursuing virtues of life to its very fullness

It was you
when I saw I reached others
with a helping hand

I have seen you
In all the good deeds you imparted in me
to surrender my vanity and selfishness
for the sake of others

You have been a strong and constant
wonderful and inspiring example
in all choices always available in life
you have to decide every step of your way

I have seen your gritty determination
when it comes to choose
to serve Him in ultimate loyalty

you decided to counter every temptation
every challenges and obstacles
offering the best for Him by all means

your flawless marriage
your dedication to your job and study
your church community serving
your effort to praise health through exercise
there are all where your heart will always be

Life is always about making choices
and you have always been making an honored one
you constantly choosing what best for Him
in a world full of changing

you mould me by walking the talk

You took me to understand the secret of life
The words and ways of eternal life
Yes, you are the one who brought me to His acquaintance
a treasure I’ll hold every moment of my life

your prayer, your faith and perseverance
they all showed me what is the beauty
of being with Him, in Him, because of Him

you taught me what it feels to be His
once I’ve experienced Him
wherever life would take me
I will be like the fresh of a spring
I will be like a budding tree
and a flower ready to blossom in its time

I praise Him with all my heart and soul
beyond words and hymn ever exist in the world
that He has granted me a beautiful Dad like you

And I thank Him unceasingly
that He has been blessing you a truly rich and meaningful life
no description would ever enough

That He makes you lovingly
to be one of His wonderful instruments
and fulfilling every divine plan He designs for you…
….till the very end

I wish you will always be in a full bloom of His creation, in every age of your life

Selamat Ulang Tahun ke-71 buat Bapakku tercinta Michael Soenardi Djiwandono

Kuala Lumpur, August 28, 2006
With love and pray,
Uti & Yoyok

No comments:

Post a Comment